The following suggestions are offered to help you decide what vocal music to choose for your wedding. While the most popular requests are listed here, special requests can easily be accommodated. In most cases, the Music Director or Organist of your parish will want to review and approve the selections you choose.
Prelude Music – You may select instrumental pieces and one or two vocal solos.
- For vocal solos and sound clips, please see WEDDING SOLOS below.
The Seating of the Mothers may be instrumental or vocal solo.
- For vocal solos, please see WEDDING SOLOS below.
The Responsorial Psalm is usually sung at weddings rather than read. Choose from the following:
- Psalm 34: Taste and See the Goodness of the Lord ( Connelly or Moore)
- Psalm 103: The Lord is Kind and Merciful (Haugen or Cotter)
- Psalm 128: Blest Are Those Who Love You (Haugen)
- Or you may choose any Psalm based on the wedding texts that are included in your wedding planning notebook from your parish, and a musical setting will be chosen.
- Celtic Alleluia
- Alleluia from Mass of Creation
- Alleluia from Mass of St. Paul the Apostle
Offertory or Preparation of the Gifts – You may select a hymn or a vocal solo (solos listed below)
- Here I am Lord (Schutte)
- You are Mine (Haas)
- You are Near (Schutte)
Acclamations (Holy, Mystery of Faith, Great Amen)
- The Mass of Creation (Haugen) or The Mass of St. Paul ( Walker ) are usually used. This is usually determined by the Music Director or Organist.
Lamb of God
- Mass of Creation
- Mass of St. Paul the Apostle
Communion – You may select a hymn or solo (solos listed below). Some appropriate hymns are:
- Bread of Life, Hope for the World (Farrell)
- Gift of Finest Wheat (Robert E. Kreutz)
- One Bread, One Body (Foley)
- Where there is Love (Haas)
Presentation of Flowers to Mary
- Ave Maria (J.S. Bach/Gounod)
- Ave Maria (Franz Schubert) This is most often requested
WEDDING SOLOS, Classical
- Ave Maria (B+) … Schubert
- Ave Maria (F+) … J.S. Bach/Gounod
- Ave Verum (D+)… Mozart
- Jesu, Joy (G+) … J.S. Bach
- Laudate Dominum (F+)…Mozart
- Panis Angelicus (A+) … Cesar Frank
- Rejoice Greatly
WEDDING SOLOS, Popular and Traditional
- The Prayer (F+) … Celine Dion
- Grow Old Along with Me (D+)….John Lennon
- One Hand, One Heart (Eb+) … Leonard Bernstein, from West Side Story
- On this Day O Beautiful Mother…Lambilotte
- The Gift of Love … arr. by Hal Hopson
For Client Testimonials, please click here.
For Coeli’s Bio, please click here.